Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm alive..

..though completely frustrated and tired of conventional medicine. I'm not going to run out and get rubbed all over with an egg, mind you, but I'm tired of the particular issue I have being such a mystery to doctors. I marvel at how we (most of us, and particularly the Larry Craigs of the world) can be so arrogant as to believe we're head honcho on this here planet,when we can't figure out how a cat purrs, what cures cancer, and why some immune systems go haywire. Even more interestingly, how can some doctors translate lack of knowledge into arrogance?

I've been "diagnosed", for lack of a better word,with seronegative undifferentiated inflammatory polyarthritis, which essentially means 'you have bad arthritis but we don't know what kind because almost all the blood tests are negative". My doc said, and I quote, "It shows like rheumatoid arthritis, so that's how we're gonna treat it" and now I'm on a cancer drug used to treat RA as well. I'll see him again in 3 months.

Anyone know where I can get a dozen eggs cheap?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I countdn't figure out how to email you. Please contact me to talk about undifferentiated inflammatory polyarthritis. I have it too...for 5 months now.

Randy

squash.geo@yahoo.com