Sunday, March 11, 2012

ZUMBA FOR MS!!!

My first attempt at MS fundraising!

So this week is MS Awareness Week, and a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to try and fundraise for MS-- I do Zumba, which has been really great for balance and exercise, so it seemed logical to have a Zumba Party to benefit MS. My Zumba instructor is absolutely awesome, and I managed to get the close middle school to donate the space.

These benefits do pretty well in this area, but I'm a novice at advertising this kind of party, and I'm hoping we are able to have a lot of fun but raise some money as well. Yes, it falls on March 17th, but we've got some high hopes that since it goes from 4-6, that people will want to work out before seriously partying :)

The above is the poster, and I love it... I love how they have the information there, and I love how dynamic it is. Regardless of how many people come, I am sure I'll raise more money than penny-drives! :)

1 comment:

Collette Sosnowy said...

Dear Crips,

I hope you don't mind my contacting you through the comments section. I didn't see a direct email address for you, but this message is intended for you, not as a comment.

My name is Collette Sosnowy and I am a Ph.D. student in environmental psychology at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. I'm conducting a research project for my dissertation about blogs written by women with Multiple Sclerosis.

For my research, I have been reading your blog and am very interested in what you and others are writing about life with MS. I'd like to learn more about why you blog and how blogging fits into your life.

I’d like you to complete a brief online survey about these topics. The link to the survey is at the bottom of this email. The survey is anonymous, so your identity will be protected. The information you share will contribute to a greater understanding of the role of blogging in the lives of people with chronic illness.

The survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete. I hope you will complete the whole survey, but you may choose to skip any questions that may make you uncomfortable and you can quit the survey at any time.

I really appreciate your participation! Please feel free to ask me any questions by e-mailing me at csosnowy@gc.cuny.edu.

You can also learn more about me and the project by visiting my website collettesosnowy.org

Thank you!

Here's the link:

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/778690/0200f41af155