Thursday, June 10, 2010

Time to party with the tofu!!!

Protein helpful in restoring myelin?

I'm psyched about this article, which discusses the result of research into protein: "A protein that helps build the brain in infants and children may aid efforts to restore damage from multiple sclerosis (MS) and other neurodegenerative diseases, researchers at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis have found."

OK, so it was in EAE, but hey! We tofu-eating vegetarians perhaps really do have a leg up on MS in general. No Omega-3 oils for me except from flaxseed, but I am a total protein junkie, big time. I do know that fatty acids are prevalent in myelin, and one of my neuros keeps pushing the fishy stuff on me, but I'm not biting (heh) just yet. There is a veggie omega-3 out, made from the algae fish eat to make their omega-3, but I just haven't ordered off the net yet. I should prolly do that sometime soon.

In other news, it's hotter n hell out here in crAZy-- hit about 108 a couple of days ago, though today it's "only" 100. Yes, it is a dry heat, but it will still kill you dead. I will be using my cooling vest (Thank you MSAA and SteeleVest!!) a lot, methinks.

And of course, WORLD CUP starts TOMORROW!!! Of course, starts like 5, 6am my time... AIGH!

No comments: