Monday, July 26, 2010

The long sunny, it's too damn hot post


I really do hate the heat in Arizona, but having gone to Philadelphia a few weeks ago, I can officially say I think I hate humidity more.


Fortunately Yuma tends to have a whole lot of air-conditioned places, one of which ain't my home. Well, it doesn't seem that way. There's not a lot one can do without an industrial A/C when it's 118 outside-- again. I'm ensconced in my office and still have a fan blowing on me. Libraries and malls tend to get full quickly, as does the Wally-world. A couple of days ago I went to see Despicable Me in 3-D (didn't really need to see it in such, tho, great script), and for some reason right at the beginning it was warm in the theater. Isn't the reason people go to a movie to stay cool? Or did movies get good all of a sudden?

I digress. Despicable Me was very funny and smart, though the attitudinal kids annoyed me some. Most do. The minions, however, were a total blast!Click for Minions!!

That was probably the most social thing I've done lately-- went with Bear and friend n kid. Popcorn was nice, tho got a bit carried away with the white cheddar powder add-on. I don't really get out to flicks much, but netflix is my friend. I've been on all kinds of kicks, from Brit-com to classic. I do love some classic B/W films! So netflix allows me to be realllllly self-indulgent!

OK, still too damn hot but time to pretend other work is important rather than surfing the web. Ta!

No comments: