Wednesday, March 23, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! And grump, grump, grump...

3-21-16

My nephew turns 25 today! I'm glad he seems to be in good health, happy, a good man. Because his aunt is decidedly not.

In honor of MS Relapse Awareness Week, I apparently have decided to deal with my first real relapse in probably 7-8 years. LEGS aren't carrying me, lots of crutching, cane, even wheelchair use now n then since March 5. Doc has me in the old high dose cycle of prednisone, and I'll be trying Tecfidera as soon as the PTB of insurance and pharmaceutical companies do their magic.

I'll admit I'm quite frustrated, annoyed, bummed... At the same time this is going on, our admin is out still waiting to have her baby, summer work is revving, and I have three grad courses I'm trying to do. I didn't really feel anything coming on, but holy cow, I'm just not in a great place with this. Maybe it's just I feel I am so much older and I've been so much more tired.

So f**k you, MS. I want no orange butterfly badges, no attagirls, no questions, frankly. I think I'll just wear a shirt with an image of my two most massive lesions from 2008, on either motor cortex. Sigh.

What a horribly demented disease for someone in education, required and well trained to use a pretty fast mind to have. I mean, honestly, what a terribly demented disease, period.

No comments: