Monday, October 30, 2006

The flu continues... and voting

Just my luck, buy a flu shot from my school and be unable to get it since I'm already sick with the flu. That was last week. This week, I can't talk because I spent the weekend coughing. Lovely.

That's the joy of the web. Don't even need to talk to say something.

The only thing I'll add today is that my partner voted early, and the chutzpah of some of the proposed amendments was pretty bold. I can understand wanting a raise if you're a state legislator, it's an ugly job, but a 50% one? Are these some of the same people who would reject an increase in minimum wage? The boldness of the eminent domain prop was pretty amusing if not scary, as was the marriage prop.

One of the local papers carried an editorial asking why a state so seemingly intested in state's rights and individual liberty had so many propositions on the ballot which put government right the heck back into the equation. I was mildly surprised--I thought it was a pretty good articulation for moderate republicans, if they needed an excuse not to vote party lines.

Well, would all election year dialogue so tempered. I'm gonna go cough up a lung somewhere and whimper quietly...

No comments: