Tuesday, September 29, 2009

R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-- oh, you get it

you have no idea how much i wish Miss Ree would remake her classic (pace, Otis!) Today was an interesting example of how responsibility has become a dirty word. It's endemic to have excuses for anything short of fessing up with "My bad. I screwed up, and I guess I live with the consequences."

HA! *insert snorty sound here*

No one likes to be wrong, but given I have not taken advantage of my neurological nightmare to justify my screwups, I feel like too much is supposed to be forgiven without reprisals. I want to go somewhere where I can bury my head in books and pretend the world is full of responsible, hardworking people who believe we are all in this together. Kinda like Iowa City, but without the tornados, you know?

Ach. Well, perhaps I will start "coming out" as an MSer and see how it affects people's perception of my responsibility. Maybe I can claim I'm doing it for research, hey? *evil grin*

No comments: